Man arrested for murder in Medellin

·1 min read

A 39-year-old man was arrested for his alleged involvement in the killing of another in Sitio Common, Barangay Daanlungsod, Medellin town in northern Cebu on Tuesday afternoon, May 10, 2022.

Major Wilfer Grapa, chief of Medellin Police Station, identified the suspect as Delfino Cabag Jr., a resident of Sitio Common.

Grapa told SunStar Cebu they arrested Cabag at his home around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday based on a warrant of arrest issued by Judge Jennifer Singco of Bogo City Regional Trial Court.

Cabag allegedly acted as lookout when his companion Renato Benturan stabbed former convict Vicente Montilla several times with a cane knife on May 15, 2006 at the public market.

Montilla had earlier been brought to prison after he allegedly killed the father of Cabag when the latter was still eight years old.

He went to the public market around 4 p.m. on May 15, 2006 during the fiesta celebration in Sitio Landing, Poblacion Medellin after getting out of jail when Benturan approached him and stabbed him several times resulting in his death.

Benturan was arrested in 2019 when he went to Medellin Police Station to get a police clearance. Benturan's police clearance got a 'hit status' regarding the murder of Montilla prompting the police to arrest him.

Grapa said that Cabag was believed under the influence of illegal drugs as he was not in his right mind when they interrogated him.

The suspect is now placed behind bars at the Medellin Municipal Police Station. (GDC, TPT)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting