Mandaue fire victims housed at CICC to be relocated in October

AT LEAST 700 families who are currently living at the Cebu International Convention Center (CICC) are set to be transferred to a new relocation site in Barangay Tipolo, Mandaue City in October this year.

Lawyer Johnbee Biton, head of the Housing and Urban Development Office (Hudo), said on Wednesday, January 4, 2023, that the affected families will be transferred to Tipolo Residences in Sitio Maharlika.

Tipolo Residences is a socialized housing project initiated by the Mandaue City Government with private partners.

It has five five-storey buildings intended for the fire victims of Sitios Basubas and Maharlika in 2019 and Guizo in 2016.

Those fire victims are temporarily housed at the CICC grounds until the completion of the permanent housing projects intended for them.

Its first two buildings had broken ground on May 7 last year, while the second groundbreaking was on November 25 for its three remaining buildings.

Biton said the first two buildings are expected to be available ten months from now.

He added that building one could accommodate 90 occupants, while building two could cater to 106 families. (HIC)