Anakpawis party-list Rep. Rafael Mariano remained the poorest congressman in the 15th Congress, a document from the House of Representatives showed.
Mariano was ranked last in terms of in a list summarizing all the statement of assets, liabilities, and networth (SALN) congressmen filed for the year 2012.
The veteran party-list lawmaker only had P92,507 in net worth as of December 2012, which included P67,507 in the bank and his clothes, which he valued at P25,000.
His current assets, though seemingly a drop in the bucket placed alongside his richest colleagues, actually doubled from the P46,946 he reported in 2011.
Mariano, who did not list any liabilities in his last two SALNs, has been in Congress since 2004, representing Anakpawis, the electoral wing of Kilusang Mayo Uno.
Following Mariano is the list of poorest House members was South Cotabato Rep. Daisy Avance-Fuentes whose net worth stood at P118,000.
Kabataan party-list Rep. Raymond Palatino's P205,000 net worth meanwhile made him the congressman with third least amount of wealth as of December 2012.
Also among the poorest House members in 2012 are:
4. Akbayan party-list Rep. Arlene "Kaka" Bag-ao with P230,788
5. Bayan Muna party-list Rep. Teodoro "Teddy" Casino, P446,389.95
6. Kalinga party-list Rep. Abigail Faye Ferriol, P501,951
7. Bulacan Rep. Joselito "Jon-Jon" Mendoza, P850,000
8. COOP NATCO party-list Rep. Cresente Paez, P1.2 million.
9. Gabriela Women's Party Rep. Emmerenciana De Jesus with P1.24 million
10. Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT) party-list Rep. Antonio Tinio, P1.29 million
The $150,000 pearl-studded, custom-made Calvin Klein dress worn by Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o at this year's Academy Awards has been stolen, police said on Thursday. The gown, embellished with 6,000 natural white pearls, was stolen from Nyong'o's room at the London Hotel in West Hollywood, during the day on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in West Hollywood said. "Ms Nyong'o was not in the room at the time of the theft," Deputy John Mitchell …