Anakpawis party-list Rep. Rafael Mariano remained the poorest congressman in the 15th Congress, a document from the House of Representatives showed.
Mariano was ranked last in terms of in a list summarizing all the statement of assets, liabilities, and networth (SALN) congressmen filed for the year 2012.
The veteran party-list lawmaker only had P92,507 in net worth as of December 2012, which included P67,507 in the bank and his clothes, which he valued at P25,000.
His current assets, though seemingly a drop in the bucket placed alongside his richest colleagues, actually doubled from the P46,946 he reported in 2011.
Mariano, who did not list any liabilities in his last two SALNs, has been in Congress since 2004, representing Anakpawis, the electoral wing of Kilusang Mayo Uno.
Following Mariano is the list of poorest House members was South Cotabato Rep. Daisy Avance-Fuentes whose net worth stood at P118,000.
Kabataan party-list Rep. Raymond Palatino's P205,000 net worth meanwhile made him the congressman with third least amount of wealth as of December 2012.
Also among the poorest House members in 2012 are:
4. Akbayan party-list Rep. Arlene "Kaka" Bag-ao with P230,788
5. Bayan Muna party-list Rep. Teodoro "Teddy" Casino, P446,389.95
6. Kalinga party-list Rep. Abigail Faye Ferriol, P501,951
7. Bulacan Rep. Joselito "Jon-Jon" Mendoza, P850,000
8. COOP NATCO party-list Rep. Cresente Paez, P1.2 million.
9. Gabriela Women's Party Rep. Emmerenciana De Jesus with P1.24 million
10. Alliance of Concerned Teachers (ACT) party-list Rep. Antonio Tinio, P1.29 million
China's air force has carried out its first ever military drill over the western Pacific Ocean, state media said, highlighting Beijing's growing military reach. Several aircraft from China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) on Monday flew over the ocean via the Bashi Channel, which runs between Taiwan and the Philippines, the official Xinhua news agency said. "This is the first time that the PLA Air Force conducted such drills in an airspace far offshore from Chinese coastlines," Xinhua cited …