ROXAS CITY, Capiz (PIA) – The Roxas City Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) recently received an excellent rating from the Civil Service Commission (CSC). Capiz CSC Director Maria Lina Gonzaga said that during the CSC’s frontline service check, the CSC, through its Report Card Survey (RCS) gave the city’s PAO an excellent rating. She said based on the RCS, the Roxas City PAO complied well with provisions required in the implementation of Republic Act No. 9485 or the Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA) of 2007. Earlier this year, the Roxas City.
BACOLOD CITY, Negros Occ. (PNA) – The Commission on Elections in Region 6 (Comelec-6) said 18,863 aspirants in the October 28 barangay elections filed their Certificates of Candidacy (COC) in the first day of COC submission last Friday, Oct. 11, 2013. Filing of COCs is until Oct. 17. Comelec-6 regional director Dennis Ausan said of that number, 2,148 are running for barangay chairman and 16,715 for kagawad (councilman). Those still filing their COCs may use photocopied forms for their COCs but entries like signatures, personal records data and documentary stamps must be original and notarized. “As long as the data is complete, Comelec can’t reject COCs since we only have ministerial duties in processing the documents,” said Ausan.
ROXAS CITY, Capiz (PIA) – Over 200 Capiz Electric Cooperative (Capelco) employees will be subjected to random drug tests to ensure a drug-free workplace. The first batch of 50 employees composed of linemen, groundmen, drivers, meter readers and supervisors underwent urine test last Oct. 7 and results will be out next week, said Capelco Information Officer Kenneth Tipon. The random drug test is embodied in a resolution by the CAPELCO Board of Directors.
CEBU CITY, Cebu (PIA) – “Embrace technology and be an information officer in the digital
age!” This was the challenge posed to writers and information officers of the Philippine Information Agency (PIA) in Regions VI, VII and VIII participating in a recent two-day Seminar on Social Media Networking sponsored by SMART Communications-Visayas at the Quest Hotel here. Lecturer Nica Tejada introduced SMART’s blogging platform called “Journ.ph” bringing campus journalism online and encouraging PIA-Visayas information officers to use the blog as their platform for local best practices stories.
TACLOBAN CITY, Leyte (PIA) – As of September, 2013, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in Eastern Visayas has removed 8,118 household beneficiaries from the roster of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries. DSWD-8 Director Remia Tapispisan said 120 of the delisted household were found ineligible due to inclusion error. Some 2,003 households have regular income; 10 households were delisted due to fraud while 4,900 were delisted due to duplications. Meanwhile, 1,045 beneficiaries decided to waive their claims. Leyte has the highest number of delisted households with 2,801, followed by Samar with 2,746 household delisted. Northern Samar has 1,302; Eastern Samar 878; Southern Leyte 312 and Biliran 79 households delisted.