Watch: Mum shares distressing footage of daughter, 18, after 'drink was spiked'
An 18-year-old girl who suffered seizures after her drink was allegedly spiked in a nightclub has spoken out about the "scary" incident.
Millie Taplin, who works as a carer, believes she was drugged by a man at Moo Moos nightclub in Southend, Essex, on Saturday.
Her mum Claire, 48, has released distressing footage of her daughter in hospital as a warning to other women.
Millie, who has since recovered after staying in hospital overnight, said: "There was a guy with a group of people that I knew, I can't be certain that it was him but it [the drink he gave me] was the only other drink that I had.
"We were all getting along quite well. I had a couple of sips of the drink and went to the smoking area.
“I came back and felt like I'd drunk too much, and then I went outside to be sick."
Millie quickly found herself unable to speak and walk, before losing control of her legs and hands.
At around midnight, Millie's panicked friends called her older sister Sadie, 28, who came to pick her up and rushed her to A&E.
In hospital, Millie was joined by her mum, who can be seen comforting her distressed daughter in the footage of the ordeal.
Millie added: "I knew everything going on. I could reply to people in my head but I couldn't get it out.
"It was really scary. In my head I was there but in my body I wasn't. I've never felt like that.
"The doctors were really supportive and trying to calm me down. I was in such a state when I arrived. I was so scared.
"I don't ever want to go through that again. It was horrible."
Millie suffered seizures for around two hours and doctors gave her orange juice as they monitored her recovery.
Hospital staff didn't do blood tests but told Claire they suspected Millie's drink was spiked with two unknown drugs.
Millie was finally discharged from Southend Hospital at around 3.30am on Sunday and says the traumatic experience has left her hesitant to return to a club.
She said: "I probably won't be going out much more. I'll be taking every precaution there is to take.
"No matter how well you think you know someone, never accept a drink off them or anything."
Claire added: "I've never seen anything like it. Millie was aware of what was happening but couldn't speak.
"It was horrendous, she looked possessed."
Millie, who works as a carer, visited the club with four girlfriends. It was the first time she'd been to a nightclub since turning 18 in November.
Essex Police have confirmed that they are investigating the incident.
A spokesman for Moo Moos nightclub said: "We urge all customers to be present when their drink is ordered and that they do not leave it unattended.
"The alleged drink spiked appears to have been accepted from a person known to the lady affected and whilst it was not reported to us at the time, we are assisting the police who are dealing with the matter.”