Minglanilla could be deescalated to Alert Level 1

·2 min read

MINGLANILLA town may be the only local government unit (LGU) in Cebu Province to be deescalated from Alert Level 2 to Alert 1 starting May 1, 2022, a health official said.

Dr. Mary Jean Loreche, chief pathologist of the Department of Health in Central Visayas (DOH 7), told SunStar Cebu that she is hoping that the town would be added to the list of LGUs that have been deescalated to Alert Level 1. Cebu Province excludes the highly urbanized cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu.

Loreche said Minglanilla has already vaccinated 95.62 percent or 7,628 of its senior citizens while it has vaccinated about 77.28 percent or 104,073 of its general population.

But she emphasized that Minglanilla’s vaccination data is still being reconciled with that of from the National Vaccination Operations Center (NVOC).

In order to be deescalated to Alert Level 1 status, each LGU must vaccinate about 70 percent of its total eligible population and 70 percent of its eligible senior citizens.

In northern Cebu, Pilar and Tudela towns in Camotes Islands have already vaccinated 73.71 percent and 80.25 percent of its senior citizens, respectively.

But DOH data, however, showed that both towns failed to reach the required number of the general population that must be vaccinated against Covid-19, having turnouts of 54.25 percent and 56.79 percent, respectively.

Pilar town has about 11,540 eligible vaccinees while Tudela has 11,527.

Cordova town has also vaccinated 78.61 percent of its senior citizens but it has only vaccinated 56.70 percent of its general population.

It has a total of 60,106 eligible vaccinees.

The City of Naga, on the other hand, has already reached 72.06 percent for its general population but it has also failed to reach the required percentage for senior citizens with only 60.52 percent.

In the entire Cebu Island, only the highly urbanized cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu, along with Talisay City, have so far been deescalated to Alert Level 1, the lowest quarantine status. Cebu Province is under Alert Level 2.

Second booster

Meanwhile, Loreche said around 420,000 individuals may start getting their second booster shot against Covid-19 in Cebu as soon as the DOH 7 gets the order to begin the inoculation.

Data from the DOH 7 showed that about 421,148 individuals aged 18 and above have so far been vaccinated with the first booster shot.

Of the number, 330,535 people have been vaccinated in the nine LGUs in Metro Cebu, including the cities of Cebu, Mandaue and Lapu-Lapu.

About 34,505 individuals have also been vaccinated in southern Cebu while 56,108 have received their jabs in northern Cebu.

Loreche said they have not yet started the inoculation for the second booster dose on Monday, April 25, the day the NVOC began its rollout for the immunocompromised population.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting