Mosquito coil causes fire in Quiot

·1 min read

A LIGHTENED mosquito coil might have caused the fire that burned down a house early Thursday morning, June 9, 2022, in Sitio Gemelina, San Carlos Heights, Barangay Quiot, Cebu City.

The house made of light materials was owned by Larry Batoto, 45, and his live-in partner Lorena Cabaluna.

Batoto believed that the fire was caused by an unattended mosquito coil which he placed under his bed.

During the incident, Batoto immediately doused the fire with water with the help of his live-in partner but their house was totally burned despite their effort.

SFO1 Riza Julve of the Cebu City Fire Office said the fire was placed under first alarm at 8:28 a.m., second alarm at 8:33 a.m., under control 8:41 a.m. and declared fire out after five minutes.

The damage of the fire was pegged at P3,000.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting