Neglected candle seen as culprit in Guadalupe fire

·1 min read

A NEGLECTED candle has been eyed as the cause behind the blaze that hit a neighborhood in Barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City past 4 a.m. Sunday, July 24, 2022.

The fire destroyed at least 15 houses made mostly of wood in Sitio Kalubihan, leaving around 30 families homeless.

Initial investigation showed the fire started in the house owned by Ricardo Eran and resided by Mira Ravidas, according to Senior Fire Officer 2 Wendell Villanueva, spokesperson of the Cebu City Fire Office.

The fire office received the fire alarm at 4:39 a.m. Fire officers contained the fire from further spreading in the neighborhood at 5:16 a.m. and they declared a fire out six minutes later.

Villanueva said their investigator pegged the damage at P450,000, adding that no one was hurt in the blaze.

The fire officers onboard their fire trucks had a hard time going inside Kalubihan as the sitio is in the interior and uphill portion of the barangay; however, they still made it and put out the flames. (BBT, KAL)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting