THE Cebu Port Authority (CPA) has officially terminated its shuttle services for all inbound passengers from the sea vessel to the port staging area at the back of Malacañang sa Sugbo on Thursday, Feb. 11, 2021.
Mary Knoll Lague, CPA public relations officer, said this as the Cebu City Government stopped screening procedures for all arriving passengers in the staging area.
“We have no idea why it was stopped, but because there is no more screening in the staging area, we find it unnecessary to provide shuttle services,” Lague said in a mix of Cebuano and English.
Since August 2020, the CPA had been providing three shuttles for passengers arriving at Pier 1 in Cebu City and three other shuttles for passengers arriving at Pier 3, as the City began to bring all arriving passengers to the designated staging area for orientation on the City’s basic health protocol.
After the City stopped screening passengers, Lague said passengers can immediately leave the port.
The CPA, however, reminded all passengers to strictly follow the minimum health and safety protocol upon disembarkation and arrival at the port.
Executive Order 105
Executive Order 105 issued by Mayor Edgardo Labella on Nov. 16, 2020 titled an “Order establishing the Guidelines for Travel into the City of Cebu,” mandates that upon arrival, persons permitted to travel to Cebu City must report to their receiving barangays for monitoring through the Expanded Barangay Health Emergency Response Teams.
“Private Apor, Non-essential Travelers and LSIs must observe home/self-quarantine within 10 days from arrival and shall be released from such quarantine, provided that a licensed medical doctor certifies his or her completion of the quarantine period,” EO 105.
The EO also provides that if any Covid-19 symptoms are manifested within the said period, the person must undergo a swab/RT PCR test and submit to self quarantine until the results are released.
If the test yields a positive result, the Cebu City Emergency Operations Center team has been tasked to bring the individual to a designated quarantine facility or hospital, whichever is applicable.
For persons travelling in transit, they will not be allowed to go out of the seaports/airport and they will have to present a subsequent ticket for their intended destination, Labella’s EO further reads.
All returning overseas Filipinos and overseas Filipino workers will have to coordinate with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration or the Department of Foreign Affairs before their arrival in the City and the barangay of their residence in Cebu City. / WBS