How often couples have sex is something most of us are curious about. And, from talking to my closest pals, it certainly seems to be something that ebbs and flows, peaks and troughs, comes and goes as other stuff is going on in your life. There certainly is no 'normal', and as long as both partners are happy and communicative about their needs, surely it really shouldn't matter?
One user posted on Reddit asking if he was having a similar amount of sex to other dudes in LTRs, saying, "Fiancée and I got into a little conversation about our sex life and whether we do it more or less than the average couple in a year. We estimate to have had sex at least 100 times in the past year. We have been together for 11 years. We're just wondering what the average is, to have something to compare to out of sheer curiosity."
So, self-identifying men in long-term relationships responded, giving their insights into what they consider to be 'normal'.
1. "Currently in university living with a girl that I've been dating for two years. We have sex three to five days a week. It depends on how busy we are and stuff. I'm happy with my sex life." [via]
2. "We have been together for eight years, and we have sex about three to seven times a week. I've been informed that this is a lot more than my friends. One of [them] said it's basically once a month. Most are more than that, but not by much. My SO and I have small kids, and we were still having more sex then those of my friends who didn't have kids." [via]
3. "My wife and I are at about the 30-year point, and we lag you guys by a little bit, but not much. Our libidos are well matched, so it works for us." [via]
4. "Been together five years, and married two. Not so long compared to others, but we have sex an average of twice a week. We’re pretty happy with that. Sometimes it’s more and sometimes less. Neither of us is particularly more insatiable than the other. I see people saying things like, 'every day or I go crazy,' and I’m just glad I didn’t marry someone like that. Some days I just flat out don’t want it, and she doesn’t either." [via]
5. "We'll be two years soon. We have sex at least once a day, usually two or three times; once in the morning, once before sleep, and sometimes a random midday session. It's still pretty amazing to me, I've never been in a relationship where I've had this much sex, but I love it. We haven't missed a day since she had to visit her family over a year ago, we're like addicted to each other's bodies." [via]
6. "Together for two and a half years, we have sex more days than not and occasionally two times a day. I’d have sex every day if he wasn’t so exhausted from work. I wake up wanting sex, I have to remember to let him sleep." [via]
7. "We've been together for a bit over a year, and our frequency has definitely gone down since we started dating. We used to have sex multiple times any time we'd see each other, now we often don't. I'm also not sure which activities we're counting as 'having sex'. I'd say we probably have sex three to five times a week, but sometimes it's way higher than that - and sometimes it's way lower." [via]
8. "Since we moved in together, almost every day, or if not, at least five days of the week. Before this, we had sex about three or four times a week. However, very often we have sex more than once in a single day. We have been together for almost four years." [via]
9. "Married five years. Twice a week on average, which I'm satisfied with." [via]
10. "Been with her for 13 years, married four. I'm lucky if I get laid once every couple of months. A blowjob is but a distant memory. Yearly numbers.....maybe 10 times a year, if the planets align properly throughout the year and my advances aren't shot down." [via]
11. "Our libidos are not quite as well matched. I could happily have sex every day. Twice a day. She is more once or twice a week. So we compromise at once or twice a week." [via]
You Might Also Like