Old dormitory in Cebu City Sports Complex catches fire

AN OLD dormitory located on the third floor of Cebu City Sports Complex caught fire on Friday morning, November 18, 2022.

The Cebu City Fire Office (CCFO) hinted at faulty electrical wiring as the cause of the fire.

Fire Officer 3 Emerson Arceo, duty fire investigator of CCFO, said they raised the first alarm at 9:41 a.m. after receiving a call regarding the fire, which was put under control at 9:57 a.m. and declared fire out two minutes after.

Arceo said the old dormitory is no longer occupied and nobody was able to douse the fire, causing it to quickly spread.

The fire department estimated the damage at P6 million based on their investigation. (BBT, TPT)