Oplan Barug Sugbo part 2 collects nearly 1,300 tons of garbage, debris

·1 min read

THE second implementation of Cebu City Government’s “Oplan Barug Sugbo,” on Sunday, Jan. 2, 2022, cleared nearly 1,300 tons of garbage and debris from the city’s roads.

The rain did not stop the City from implementing the last day of its massive clearing operation in the wake of Typhoon Odette (Rai). The clearing of roads started at 5:30 a.m. and ended at 5:30 p.m.

Gerardo Carillo, head of the Cebu City Risk Reduction and Management Council, said more barangays participated in the activity.

However, Carillo said because of the recent holiday celebrations there were only a few garbage truck operators from private contractors that joined.

Carillo added that more barangay officials participated since the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) warned those who will not cooperate with the clearing efforts.

The lawyer previously reported that during the first day of the clearing operation conducted on Dec. 30, 2021, there were around 12 barangays who did not cooperate. On Sunday, all the barangays participated.

The DILG personnel visited the barangays to remind the village officials of their participation, he said. / IRT, REV

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting