THE Municipality of Oslob is eyeing to expand its granular lockdown into barangay lockdown if Covid-19 cases in the town will continue to rise.
Oslob Mayor Jose Tumulak told SunStar Cebu that he will meet with the Municipal Inter-Agency Task Force (MIATF) and barangay captains on Monday, August 23, 2021, to assess if there is a need to implement barangay lockdown.
"Akong giingnan ang kapitan nga inig meeting nato, i-assess nato ang sitwasyon og dili na gyud madala anha nata mag-barangay, magkasaka atong quarantine ug dili pa gyud ang lungsod na gyud," Tumulak said.
(I told our barangay captains that at our meeting on Monday, we will assess if barangay lockdown is needed or to declare lockdown in the town.)
However, Tumulak said barangay lockdowns should be properly assessed before they could implement them since the local government unit will be responsible for the needs of all affected individuals.
He advised his constituents to report suspected Covid-19 individuals in their neighborhood so they will be tested and isolated immediately.
Tumulak also preferred antigen test to suspected positive Covid-19 individuals since it can be done within the town, while swab test results will take up to three to five days.
As of August 20, 2021, Oslob Rural Health Unit recorded a total of 153 Covid-19 active cases.
Meanwhile, Tumulak said the town had already administered 3,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines.
Earlier, Tumulak issued Executive Order No. 8, putting some households of 21 barangays under granular lockdown starting August 17. (MVE)