ANTI-NARCOTICS operatives confiscated P6.3 million worth of illegal drugs after they arrested four suspected pushers in the cities of Cebu and Mandaue over the weekend.
Last Saturday night, Jan. 4, 2020, personnel of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) caught Johnrey Abala Balolong with 850 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P5.7 million during a drug bust at the South Road Properties in Barangay Mambaling.
Maj. Randy Caballes, who led the operation, said they had placed Balolong under surveillance for two weeks.
According to reports, the 36-year-old native of Bien Unido, Bohol could dispose of a kilo of shabu every week in Barangay Tangke, Talisay City and in some barangays in Cebu City.
Balolong was tagged as a high-value target by the CCPO and the Talisay City Police Station, Caballes said.
Small-time pushers from Cebu City and neighboring towns allegedly sourced their supply from Balolong, he said.
Cabales said his unit has identified Balolong’s supplier, but he refused to divulge further details as doing so will risk future operations.
Earlier in the day, members of the Subangdaku Police Station, the CCPO and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency arrested Joemarie Londres Jr., 29, in a drug bust in Barangay Subangdaku.
Seized from Londres were 50 grams of suspected shabu worth P340,000. The suspect hails from Barangay Guadalupe, Cebu City.
At 3:45 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 5, the Mabolo Police Station arrested Ruben Geculi, 65, and his live-in partner Clyde del Mar, 29, in Sitio Garaje, Barangay Busay, Cebu City.
The suspects yielded 30 grams of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P204,000.
Balolong, Londres, Geculi and del Mar will be charged with violating Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. (AYB, KDF / KAL)