Pasay City task force formed to probe case of nine missing youths

The Pasay City police announced yesterday that it has formed a task force to investigate this month’s mysterious disappearance of at least nine people, most of whom are reportedly teenagers.

Mayor Emi Calixto-Rubiano said that the victims vanished on separate occasions, and urged the public to report to the police any information they might have regarding the cases rather than simply posting it online. She also urged everyone to remain vigilantManila Bulletin reports.

The missing victims have been identified as Norealle Butiong, 21; Gil Josh Ramirez, 18; Leogee Tiposo, 23; Reine Louisse de Ocampo, 15; Kojie Marquez, 16; John Samuel Esguerra, 19; Niña Jane Ignacio, 19; Roujen Serban, 21; and Sebastian Montoya, 22, the Philippine Star reports. The victims disappeared between Nov. 20 and 22.

Police Chief Col. Bernard Yang said that it was unclear whether the victims had been involved in illegal activities, and noted that there was a “pattern” in the manner in which they disappeared, though he did not elaborate. For now, his team is studying CCTV footage taken from the villages where the victims were last seen.

Yang also reminded Pasay City residents to report similar incidents to the police before posting about them on social media.

Meanwhile, Mayor Rubiano has imposed a city-wide curfew in which minors will not be allowed to be on the streets from 10pm to 4am, The Philippine Daily Inquirer reports.

Read more Coconuts Manila articles here.

 

This article, Pasay City task force formed to probe case of nine missing youths, originally appeared on Coconuts, Asia's leading alternative media company. Want more Coconuts? Sign up for our newsletters!