PCMC apologizes to QCPD personnel and relatives who received Dengvaxia

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Children’s Medical Center (PCMC) has apologized to the Quezon City Police District (QCPD).

This is because QCPD personnel and their relatives are among those who received the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine last September 1.

“Kaya nararapat lang na dito din ako unang humarap po sa inyo para una ay humingi po ng paumanhin dahil sa naidulot na pangamba dahil dito sa anunsyong binigay ng Sanofi Pasteur tungkol sa kanilang produkto,”  PCMC Exec. Director Dr. Julius A. Lecciones said.

(It is only proper that I face you first to ask for apology for the concerns caused by the announcement of the Sanofi Pasteur about its product.)

Based on the figures of the PCMC, out of the 1,337 recipients of the Dengvaxia vaccine among QCPD personnel, only 89 or 7% of them had a prior infection, while the remaining 93% have no history of the mosquito-borne disease.

Experts said the most critically affected by the possible negative effects of the controversial vaccine are children aged 9 to 14 years old.

This is a cause of grave concern for PO3 Joyce Helen as she and her 2 children are among those who received Dengvaxia.

“First of all, I am worried and sad for the kids. I also got the vaccine but I worry too much for my children because they are too young. One of them is 10 years old, while the other is 13 years old. The younger one has no history of dengue infection,” vaccine recipient PO3 Joyce Helen Magayano said.

The PCMC vowed to act on the incident.

Last Sunday, the hospital began its mandatory profiling or the identification of the individuals who received Dengvaxia.

They will undergo a 5-year monitoring and will receive a card that would serve as their ID for the medical assistance they will get from the hospital.

“So that wherever health facility you go, if you need assistance, inform us immediately so that we can push through with our monitoring and surveillance according to the directive of the Department of Health,” said Lecciones.

On the other hand, QCPD District Director PC/Supt. Guillermo Eleazar said, “Sa pagkakataong ito na lahat tayo may agam-agam. Ang positive na nakikita natin doon is awareness for everybody na dapat huwag tayong makagat ng carrier ng dengue.”

(During these times, we all have doubts. The positive thing from this incident is the awareness that we should not be bitten by dengue-carrying mosquitoes.)

Personnel of the PCMC will also make rounds in Regions 3, and 4-A as in other areas in Metro Manila where the vaccine was administered. – Abi Santa Ines | UNTV News & Rescue

The post PCMC apologizes to QCPD personnel and relatives who received Dengvaxia appeared first on UNTV News.