PAYMENT for PhilHealth premium contribution is becoming easier and favorable as it opens an online option for self-paying members.
The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) has recently partnered with IPAY – MYEG Philippines, Inc. (MYEG) which allows members to pay through GCash, prepaid card, and debit/credit card.
To avail this online payment service, the self-paying member must update his/her membership record by filing a duly accomplished PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) where one’s monthly income, and other pertinent information are to be indicated. The PMRF, together with the member’s scanned valid IDs, must be submitted or may be emailed to the nearest PhilHealth Local Health Insurance Office or Regional Office with the subject “Updating for Online Payment.”
The online payment service is available 24/7 for all self-paying members, such as self-earning individuals or individually paying, and professional practitioners. Members need to create an account in the PhilHealth Member Portal in order to access the payment service.
The following steps may be followed:
1. Go to the PhilHealth website (www.philhealth.gov.ph) and click Online Services.
2. Choose the PhilHealth Member Portal and login.
3. Click the third module: 'Payment Management' and choose 'Generate SPA.' Input the applicable period to be paid for. The Member Portal will automatically compute your payable amount.
4. Click the green tab below: 'Generate Statement of Premium Account (SPA)'.
5. Choose MYEG Philippines as the Accredited Collecting Agent.
6. Follow the instructions based on the payment method and click 'Proceed'.
7. You may now pay through GCash, prepaid card, and credit/debit card. The service charge for GCash is at 2.5 percent; and 3 percent for debit/credit card, on top of the fixed P25.00 convenience fee.
After a successful transaction, a confirmation message or a Payment Result will be received. Moreover, the self-paying member will also get an Electronic Acknowledgment Receipt (ePAR) which may be viewed by clicking 'View SPA History' under the 'Payment Management' module.
For unsuccessful processing or error in transactions, member has to wait for 24 hours and/or coordinate with the respective payment platform's Customer Service.
The online payment option is secured, partnered with regulated payment platforms, and approved by the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT).
This initiative is one of the primary steps in providing an efficient and smooth government service amid the challenging pandemic. PhilHealth is continuously taking actions to expand convenience and better means for all its members.(PR)