MANILA, Nov 6 (Reuters) -
* The Philippine agricultural sector posted growth at an annual pace of 2.87% in the third quarter, recovering from 1.3% contraction in the June quarter, the country's statistics agency said on Wednesday.
* The country's crop output, which accounted for 45.2% of the total agricultural production, climbed 2% despite a 4.53% drop in paddy rice harvest amid an El Nino-induced dry weather and the liberalisation of rice importation.
* Livestock output grew 1.6% despite an outbreak of African swine fever in some backyard farms, while poultry rose 8.4% and fisheries climbed 0.6%.
* The government will release its third-quarter GDP data on Thursday, with growth seen boosted by higher government spending, based on a Reuters' poll of analysts.
* Agriculture in recent quarters accounted for less than 10% of the country's GDP. (Reporting by Enrico dela Cruz, Editing by Sherry Jacob-Phillips)