Police monitor other cybersex dens after rescue of minors

·2 min read

THE Women and Children’s Protection Center (WCPC) Visayas Field Unit is monitoring other cybersex dens in Cebu City after eight minors, including a four-month-old baby, allegedly hired to do obscene acts, were rescued from a house in Barangay Luz Wednesday afternoon, July 13, 2022.

Police Major Niño Lawrence Ibo, officer-in-charge of WCPC, said they were alarmed by the recent abuse of the underage girls whose nude photos have been uploaded to the social media for their customers, mostly foreigners, in exchange for a fee.

Last Wednesday's operation was conducted by personnel of WCPC Visayas Field Unit, Women and Children’s Protection Desk of the Cebu City Police Office, and Regional Cybercrime Unit-Central Visayas upon the request of the Department of Social Welfare and Development and the Department of Justice.

The operatives arrested a woman, whom police said had been placed under surveillance for engaging in cyber pornography activities.

Prior to the raid on Wednesday, the police who pretended to be customers, transacted with the suspect, who allegedly demanded $20 (P1,122) in exchange for nude pictures and videos of the girls.

Ibo said he took pity of the kids as their nude photos, which were exposed to social media, could not be removed anymore, unless authorized by the website administrator.

Even if the kids would say that they were fine with their jobs as they earned money without being touched by their customers, Ibo said they will continue with their operation to arrest those engaged in cybersex activities.

Ibo said they are currently monitoring other barangays in the city for any cybersex activity that mostly affected minors, including the daughter/s of den owner.

Meanwhile, the female suspect who was arrested in the joint operation last Wednesday is still being interrogated by police.

Ibo believes the suspect had long been engaged in the illegal activity, based on information they obtained and the nude pictures of children that they got during the raid.

The suspect's cyberpornography operation was just disrupted during the Covid-19 pandemic on June 2020 when Barangay Luz was placed on lockdown due to high Covid-19 cases.

The WCPC urged the Cebuanos to report parents or somebody who use their children for cyber pornography or any cybersex-related activities that they know about. (AYB, TPT)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting