Samsung Electronics Philippines has dropped the price of the Samsung Galaxy S III from P24,990 to P19,990—but only until tomorrow, May 5. The Labor Day special offer comes hot on the heels of the availability of the Koreans' fourth-generation Galaxy smartphone in the Philippines.
The limited promo is valid at the following authorized dealers:
The Samsung Galaxy S III may have been released almost a year ago, but it can still go toe-to-toe with many of the smartphones on the block these days. It's fast, and its battery life is decent. Here's its spec sheet to refresh your memory:
▪ Exynos 4412 chipset
▪ 1.4GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU
▪ Mali-400MP GPU
▪ 1GB RAM
▪ 16GB internal storage
▪ microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
▪ 4.8-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 (720 x 1,280 resolution; 306 ppi pixel density)
▪ 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
▪ 1.9-megapixel front camera
▪ 2,100mAh battery
▪ Android Ice Cream Sandwich (version 4.04; upgradeable to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
If you can't afford the P30,990 Samsung Galaxy S4 and this deal sounds good to you, then you have until tomorrow to buy the previous model for less than P20,000.