A COMMITTEE has been created to negotiate with the Cebu Provincial Government over the concern on the 93-1 land swap deal.
This, as the Cebu Province wants to get the titles involved in the 93-1 land swap back.
Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella said there has to be a win-win solution, considering there will be residents affected should there be changes in the deal.
The committee is led by Cebu City Councilor Raymond Alvin Garcia and City Administrator Floro Casas Jr.
Labella is waiting for the recommendation of the committee.
“Negotiations are going on. I created a committee to negotiate with the governor to have a win-win solution in this issue,” he said.
Former mayor Tomas Osmeña, one of the proponents of the land swap deal with former governor now Vice Governor Hilario Davide III, said giving the titles of the lots back to the Province may mean the City leadership “is willing to abandon the dreams of the 5,000 families” who are occupying the 93-1 lots.
“Let the province explain why the request and stop acting as a rubber stamp,” said Osmeña in a text message to SunStar Cebu.
On Aug. 3, 2018, Osmeña and Davide signed the Deed of Donation and Acceptance of the Capitol lots declared as socialized housing sites under Provincial Ordinance 93-1. More than 5,000 residents living in 11 barangays in Cebu City had been occupying these lots since 1988.
In exchange for the Capitol lots, the City offered the Province a 2.5-hectare lot in the South Road Properties and nine hectares in Barangay Pulpogan, Consolacion, among other lots. (JJL)