MANILA, Philippines – The Presidential Security Group (PSG) on Thursday said it is eyeing to file charges against ACT-CIS party-list Representative Eric Go Yap for breaching the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) protocols being implemented in Malacañang.
Yap, who tested positive for COVID-19, failed to disclose that he got tested for the viral disease or that he was experiencing any symptoms when he attended a meeting in the Palace on March 21 with top government officials, PSG commander Colonel Jesus Durante III said.
Since February, Malacañang has been requiring Palace visitors to fill out a form declaring their travel history and other necessary personal information due to the COVID-19 threat.
The form states that failure to respond to any question or falsifying answers may entail serious consequences under the Revised Penal Code.
“He did fill up itong form, but he did not declare na may contact siya with some people who were found positive and he has cough, and if he is experiencing some symptoms. Di niya dineclare ito,” Durante said.
“…If really needed, we could file a case against him for the breach na ginawa niya,” he added.
Durante said they are currently investigating the incident, adding that at least 20 personnel present during the meeting had been placed under self-quarantine.
The PSG chief has assured that President Rodrigo Duterte was not exposed to Yap during the meeting, as they have been imposing measures limiting the president’s attendance to meetings, and contact with other Palace visitors.
Yap on Wednesday announced he contracted COVID-19.
He apologized and appealed for understanding to those whom he may have exposed to the virus. – RRD (with details from Correspondent Rosalie Coz)
The post PSG eyeing raps vs party-list solon for breaching Palace COVID-19 protocols appeared first on UNTV News.