PUBLIC masses, including the Hubo mass for this Friday, are now allowed at the Pilgrim Center of the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño de Cebu.
Fr. Aladdin Luzon, OSA, Basilica spokesperson, said Tuesday, January 19, 2021, that after the cancelation of the remainder of the public masses during the feast of the Senyor Santo Niño, the church will now hold public masses again at the Pilgrim Center.
Non-Cebu City residents are also now allowed to attend mass, unlike during last week's restrictions.
However, strict quarantine and health protocols will continue to be implemented to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19).
Luzon said the Basilica will still strictly implement proper distancing inside and outside the church, and require the wearing of mask and face shield at all times.
The church will also limit the number of devotees entering the church to 50 percent of capacity to maintain proper distancing.
Residents under 15-years-old and over 65-years-old will still not be allowed to attend public masses. They are advised to watch the masses online.
Luzon added that even though the arcs at the entrance and exits to the Basilica were dismantled, checkpoints conducted by the police and other officials will still be present.
The Basilica resumed public masses Monday, January 18, during their Adlaw sa Pasalamat masses after the fiesta.
Devotees may check the mass schedule at the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño de Cebu's Facebook page. (RSR)