The Quezon City government will remove the cease and desist order against the construction of the MRT-7 station 2 in Quezon City Memorial Circle.
This was after the Department of Transportation (DOTr) said it will release a new design for the MRT-7 station 2.
“Sa Friday po, February 28 ay naktakda po na i-present iyong proposed redesign ng station 2 (And on Friday, February 28, we will present the proposed redesign of station 2),” according to DOTr Usec. for Railway Timothy John Batan.
The Quezon City government previously released a cease and desist order against the MRT-7 station 2 construction after the design was not the one approved by the local government.
The cease and desist order also aims to preserve the city’s landmark. Quezon City LGU Representative Atty. Mark Dale Perral said they will review the new design on Friday.
“We will analyze this on Friday and rest assured that in cooperation with DOTr and San Miguel Corporation, we will immediately lift order of stoppage of the above works construction,” he said.
Meanwhile, Batan said the construction of the MRT-7 remains on schedule.
The MRT-7 project is worth P75 billion and will operate from San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City.—AAC (with reports from Vincent Arboleda)
The post QC gov’t to remove cease and desist order vs MRT-7 station construction appeared first on UNTV News.