Rape suspect wanted in Mindanao since 2004 nabbed in Cebu

·1 min read

A MAN who had been hiding for 18 years due to rape charges filed in Mindanao was arrested in Barangay Guba, Cebu City Wednesday, July 6, 2022.

The suspect, identified as Ramel Dacula, 47, a resident of Zamboanga del Sur, was nabbed in a combat operation conducted by the 701st Maneuver Company of the Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB)-Central Visayas.

Police Captain Gerald Casalme, commander of 701st Maneuver Company, said Dacula has an active warrant of arrest for rape.

The arrest warrant was issued by Loreto Quinto, presiding judge of Regional Trial Court, 9th Judicial Region, Branch 30 of Aurora, Zamboanga del Sur on August 9, 2004.

Law enforcers in Mindanao region had been looking for Dacula since 2004.

The suspect raped a 14-year-old girl, whom he allegedly had a relationship with.

After the incident, the suspect flew to Cebu, which he had been working as a construction worker.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Ronan Claravall, commander of RMFB-Central Visayas, said Dacula is the second most wanted person (provincial level) in Zamboanga.

Claravall also said in a press release that they will not stop enforcing the law to prevent and control any form of criminality in the society.

The RMFB-Central Visayas urged the public to actively support and be part of maintaining peace and order in the community. (LMY/With Jeanie Mea Pitor, CNU intern)

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting