OFFICIALS of Barangay Kalunasan are now more eager to relocate the about 300 families living in Sitio Lariha after the landslide that occurred in the area Tuesday afternoon, July 28.
Kalunasan Barangay Captain Nunilon Monares Jr. said the more than 300 houses in the area have violated the three-meter easement.
"As much as we would like to relocate them, but we can't find a relocation site," said Monares.
He said the concern has been long overdue.
He said City Hall workers already inspected the area and he hoped the City would help them in looking for a relocation site for the residents.
On Tuesday afternoon, two houses collapsed after a landslide occurred due to heavy rains.
Monares said two families were affected. One of the families had already returned to their house, while the other one stayed at the evacuation center.
There was no casualty in the incident.
Department of Social Welfare Services (DSWS) head Portia Basmayor said the DSWS staff already validated the families affected.
Basmayor said that on July 30, the DSWS will provide relief goods and housing materials to the two families affected.
Monares said the barangay had also given the families rice and canned goods.
Monares said the area is prone to landslide due to the soft soil. (JJL)