MANILA, Philippines – UNTV has confirmed from retired General Dionisio Santiago himself that he has tendered his irrevocable resignation as Chief of the Dangerous Drugs Board.
Santiago’s resignation comes in the wake of comments that construction of a large-scale drug rehabilitation facility in Nueva Ecija had been a mistake which is believed to have dismayed the Chief Executive.
“Hindi naman mistake (not really a mistake), I think miscalculation is the better term,” Santiago said.
According to a source, Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea told Santiago to resign as directed by President Duterte.
Santiago also said that he has already submitted a DDB strategic plan to tackle the drug menace in the country, prior to his resignation.
But before his statement, Santiago mentioned in an interview with ‘Get it Straight with Daniel Razon’ on July 14, 2017, that in case he leaves the agency, there are two possibilities for it — either he resigned or was fired.
“If you are no longer with the agency, does that mean you resigned?” asked Razon.
“I was fired,” Santiago replied. “I said I will never resign, so that would mean, I was fired.”
The Palace has yet to confirm Santiago’s resignation. – Victor Cosare | UNTV News & Rescue
The post Ret. Gen. Dionisio Santiago resigns from the Dangerous Drugs Board appeared first on UNTV News.