LOOKING for white sands, hospitable locals, and budget-friendly accommodations? Then the Virgin Island in Bantayan Island, Cebu is the place for you.
Located in the northern part of Cebu, Bantayan Island is known to be one of the best destinations for tourists who are up for white sand and amazing beaches.
How to get to there
So how do you get to Bantayan from Cebu City? If you are planning to commute, you can ride a bus from SM City Cebu to Santa Fe, Bantayan, and book a ticket of the Roro bound for Bantayan.
Where to stay
If you plan to travel with your barkada, the best place to stay would be the Adelaida Pensione Hotel. It's only an eight-minute walk from Kota Beach.
Where to eat
Aside from its undeniable beautiful white sands and beaches, Bantayan is also known to offer the best plates of seafood.
One of the recommended places that offer mouth-watering seafood delicacies would be at MJ Square.
Things to do
1. Visit the beaches. Recommended beaches would be Paradise, Sugar, and Kota.
2. Drop by the Balidbid Lagoon and enjoy the privacy that the location has to offer.
3. Go island hopping!
Important notes for tourists
• If you want to enjoy the beaches in Bantayan, the best time to visit the place would be from April to June.
• ATMs are available at the Bantayan proper.
• There is adequate water and electricity supply.
• There is no curfew.
Present your booking confirmation and list of people going to the island since it is required upon entry.
Travel cost or budget would be around P8,000-P10,000. This budget is good for a 3-day and 2-night stay for seven persons. But it could be more, depending on the number of days or places you are staying in.
Planning for a good overnight camp? Bantayan can offer that for you, too.
Have a safe trip, wanderer!