Almost halfway into November, we have to acknowledge that it is the season of what is considered one of the most complex signs of the zodiac. The Scorpio: born between Oct. 23 and Nov. 21.
Whether or not astrology is our cup of tea, we’ve all heard—at some point in our lives—a joke or two about how “the universe’s way of torturing you is by sending you a Scorpio” or how Scorpios are the worst of the 12 signs.
All jokes (of having that crazy Scorpio friend) aside, they are actually the most misunderstood sign. Often mistaken for a fire sign because of their intensity and power, here are a bunch of good things that Scorpios aren’t given enough credit for.
1. Scorpios are loyal. Despite the challenges you face while trying to earn the trust of this naturally-suspicious sign, when you do get it, you’ll be the luckiest person in the world. When Scorpios feel like you’re a friend they can trust, they will defend you until the very end.
2. They are passionate. Whether it is about a hobby they enjoy doing, a sport they enjoy playing, or a person that they love dearly—Scorpios are intense creatures that give those aspects of their life 110 percent of all that they are.
3. Scorpios are sensitive. Sensitivity is a double-edged sword that Scorpios yield through the battle of life. They are sensitive when it comes to their own personal issues and can get really touchy with things that affect them. That being said, they are also sensitive to those around them and have a stronger sense of how others might be feeling than other signs do.
4. Scorpios can understand deep emotions. Known for being deep thinkers, they are extremely in touch with their emotions, intuition and have a strong sense of intuition that connects external forces to the forces that operate within. Along with their close friend, Pisces, they can sense things at an unconscious emotional level.
5. They have extreme willpower. Scorpios are extremely determined and persistent (sometimes to the point of being stubborn), which arms them with the steadfastness of a mountain. Whatever they choose to do in life, they do it all the way. With the passion and willpower this sign possesses, they are an unstoppable force to be reckoned with—which definitely helps them reach the goals they set out to achieve.
Scorpios are said to be the most powerful of zodiac signs, with the intensity that scares many brave souls. But once they are appreciated, their trust is gained and they get attached to you—there is nothing you can’t do with a Scorpio by your side. When you do have them, you’d have earned yourself a loyal friend, a faithful follower and a passionate love that will last a lifetime.