MANILA, Philippines – State weather service PAGASA warns of heavy rains throughout Monday (December 2) over the Bicol Region as Typhoon Tisoy threatens to make landfall tonight or early morning tomorrow (December 3).
Also to experience intermittent to occasional heavy rains are areas of Eastern Visayas, Northern Cebu, Dinagat Islands and Siargao Island.
Meanwhile, frequent to continuous heavy to intense rains will drench Bicol Region, southern Quezon, and Marinduque.
Occasional heavy rains over Northern Samar, Romblon, Batangas, Mindoro provinces, and the rest of Quezon. Intermittent heavy rains over the eastern portions of Cagayan and Isabela, and the rest of Eastern Visayas.
Residents in the said areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take appropriate actions and monitor PAGASA for updates on Typhoon Tisoy.
Likewise, sea travel is not advised as rough sea conditions is seen to be perilous for maritime activities especially to small sea vessels over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the seaboards of Northern Luzon, the central seaboards of Visayas, and the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao.
PAGASA warns of a possibly life-threatening storm surge with a height of up to 3 meters that may affect surge prone areas of Camarines Sur, Quezon, and Samar.
As of 5:00AM today, Typhoon Tisoy was observed at 355 km East of Virac, Catanduanes packed with maximum sustained winds of up to 150 km/h and gustiness of up to 185 km/h.
It is moving West at 20 km/h.
Tropical Cyclone Winds Signal (TCWS) #3 is now raised over Catanduanes where 121 to 170 km/h winds will prevail or expected within 18 hours.
Meanwhile, TCWS #2 is raised over the following areas were 60 to 120 km/h winds is prevailing or expected in 24 hours:
- Eastern portion of Laguna (Pakil, Mabitac, Santa Maria, Famy, Siniloan, Pangil, Paete, Kalayaan, Lumban, Santa Cruz, Pagsanjan, Cavinti, Pila, Magdalena, Luisiana, Nagcarlan, Liliw, Majayjay, Rizal, and San Pablo City)
- Eastern portion of Batangas (Padre Garcia, Rosario, Taysan, Lobo, and San Juan)
- Quezon including Polillo Islands
- Oriental Mindoro
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands,
- Northern Samar
- Eastern Samar
TCWS # 1 were 30 to 60 km/h winds is prevailing or expected in 36 hours:
- Southern Isabela (Palanan, Dinapique, San Mariano, San Guillermo, Benito Soliven, Naguilian, Reina Mercedes, Luna, Aurora, Cabatuan, San Mateo, Cauayan City, Alicia, Angadanan, Ramon, San Isidro, Echague, Cordon, Santiago City, Jones and San Agustin)
- Mountain Province
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- Nueva Ecija
- Metro Manila
- Rest of Laguna
- Rest of Batangas
- Occidental Mindoro
- Calamian Islands
- Northern portion of Negros Occidental (Bacolod City, Bago City, Cadiz City, Calatrava, Enrique B. Magalona, Escalante City, La Carlota City, Manapla, Murcia, Pulupandan, Sagay City, Salvador Benedicto, San Carlos City, San Enrique, Silay City, Talisay City, Toboso, Valladolid, Victorias City)
- Northern Cebu (Daanbantayan, Bantayan, Madridejos, Santa Fe, Medellin, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon, Tabuelan, Borbon, Sogod, Catmon, and Asturias)
- Metro Cebu (Balamban, Toledo City, Pinamungahan, Aloguinsan, Naga City, Talisay City, Cordova, Minglanilla, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Cebu City, Consolacion, Liloan, Compostela, and Danao City)
- Southern Leyte
- Dinagat Islands and Siargao Island
The post Signal No. 3 hoisted over Catanduanes as Typhoon Tisoy threatens Bicol appeared first on UNTV News.