Smart Flexibundles to be available to postpaid subscribers starting May 26

If you think the Philippine telco war can't get more interesting, think again. Smart Communications introduced its new set of postpaid offers on the same day Globe Telecom unveiled its "improved" MySuperPlan service.

>>UPDATED; SEE RELATED ARTICLE: Globe unveils what it calls 'the best -ever MySuperPlan'

The packages, called Smart Flexibundles, give postpaid subscribers greater control over their plans and will be available starting May 26. They include unlimited call and SMS combos, try-net or all-net buckets, and volume-based data plans. See the complete list of offers below:

Easy-to-use Smart Flexibundles offer postpaid subscribers greater control over their plans.

Subscribers only need to register to the buckets via SMS.

Smart Postpaid Business head Kathy Carag said that "unlike Freedom Plan, which is for first jobbers, the Flexibundle is very mainstream. It's for everyone who just wants to get the buckets that he or she wants."

We learned that even a Plan 349 subscriber can avail himself of any of the Flexibundles, which will be charged on top of his monthly fee. They are available to users of the following plans, in particular:

  • Plan 349
  • All-In Plans
  • Unlimited Data Plans
  • iPhone Plans
  • Unli Postpaid Plans
  • Family Circle Plans
  • Freedom Plan (yes)

Smart will add LTE bucket packages in mid-June and even other offers in the months to come, so expect the 21 Flexibundles to grow to 30 by end of this year.

"We're anticipating that subscribers will have different behaviors that's why we're giving them a lot of choices," Smart Public Affairs head Ramon Isberto explained. "These choices come with a greater measure of control, and if you give people a great sense of control, the more they want to go in."

>>READ: Smart's prepaid LTE available now

Isberto and Carag admitted that it was only in the last few years that Smart paid attention to postpaid. However, they added almost 84,000 new postpaid users in the first quarter of 2013, up 23 percent from the same period last year. They're looking to the Flexibundles to help sustain the growth.

"We want to continue the momentum," Isberto added. "The launch of this new bunch of postpaid plans that are easy to use and will give great value to customers doesn't meant that were neglecting prepaid. It just means that now, you'll associate us with postpaid more than the past." 

Loading...

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.

  • Sy moves up, Villar enters Forbes list of billionaires
    Sy moves up, Villar enters Forbes list of billionaires

    Eleven Filipinos are included in Forbes’ 2015 list of richest people in the world. Filipino-Chinese tycoon Henry Sy Sr. continues to be the wealthiest man in the Philippines. The 90-year-old SM supermalls, banking and property tycoon ranked 73rd among the world’s richest with an increased net worth of $14.2 billion from $11.4 billion last year. Sy’s net worth was attributed to the continued growth of his SM Investments Corp. and his more recent venture, the City of Dreams Manila resort and …

  • US ambassador slashed and bloodied in Seoul attack
    US ambassador slashed and bloodied in Seoul attack

    The US ambassador to South Korea, Mark Lippert, was slashed on his face and arm in Seoul on Thursday by a lone, blade-wielding activist opposed to ongoing US-Korean military drills. The United States condemned the "act of violence" which left the ambassador bleeding profusely from a deep wound on his right cheek and saw him rushed to hospital where his condition was described as stable. Witnesses described how a man with a blade concealed in his right hand had lunged across a table at Lippert …

  • US billionaire says WWII Japanese ship found in Philippines
    US billionaire says WWII Japanese ship found in Philippines

    Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen said Wednesday he had found one of Japan's biggest and most famous battleships on a Philippine seabed, some 70 years after American forces sank it during World War II. Excited historians likened the discovery, if verified, to finding the Titanic, as they hailed the American billionaire for his high-tech mission that apparently succeeded after so many failed search attempts by others. Allen posted photos and video online of parts of what he said was the …

  • World's oldest person wonders about secret to longevity too
    World's oldest person wonders about secret to longevity too

    TOKYO (AP) — The world's oldest person says 117 years doesn't seem like such a long time. …

  • New Moro rebel group emerges
    New Moro rebel group emerges

    A radical Muslim cleric trained in the Middle East and considered one of the leaders of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) has broken away from the terror group to form his own band of jihadists who are now reportedly providing sanctuary to bomb expert Basit Usman and at least five foreign militants, the military said yesterday. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) spokesman Col. Restituto Padilla, citing reports from the field, said the Justice for Islamic Movement (JIM) was …

  • Pacquiao big hit so far in Vegas sports books vs Mayweather

    LAS VEGAS (AP) — Manny Pacquiao has always believed he can do what 47 other fighters before him have failed to do — beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the ring. …

  • Australian drug smugglers being taken to Indonesian island for execution - media
    Australian drug smugglers being taken to Indonesian island for execution - media

    By Jane Wardell and Beawiharta SYDNEY/DENPASAR, Indonesia (Reuters) - Two convicted Australian drug smugglers were removed from a prison in Bali on Wednesday to be taken to an Indonesian island where they will be shot by firing squad, Australian media reported. The planned executions of Myuran Sukumaran, 33, and Andrew Chan, 31, have ratcheted up diplomatic tensions amid repeated pleas of mercy for the pair from Australia and thrown a spotlight on Indonesia's increasing use of the death …

  • Jolo apologizes to Bong in visit
    Jolo apologizes to Bong in visit

    Cavite Vice Gov. Jolo Revilla wept and embraced his father as he apologized for the “accidental” shooting incident in their Ayala Alabang residence, the family’s spokesman said yesterday. Lawyer Raymund Fortun came out of the private room at the Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Muntinlupa City to speak to reporters, who were barred from entering the hospital compound during the visit of Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. …

POLL

Should Aquino be held accountable over the Mamasapano operations?

Loading...
Poll Choice Options