FILE PHOTO: Senator Vicente “Tito” Sotto III
MANILA, Philippines — On the program Get It Straight with Daniel Razon on Tuesday, the country’s second-highest official, Vice President Leni Robredo said that it is impossible to have irregularities in the 2016 national polls.
This was her reaction to the privilege speech of Sen. Tito Sotto last March 6 where the latter alleged that there had been foreign access to Smartmatic servers and premature transmission of election results in Libon, Albay before May 9, 2016 — which was election day.
“Ito paniwala ko, kung may dayaan noong eleksyon, lumabas na dapat,” said Robredo.
(This is what I believe, if there was election fraud, it should’ve surfaced already.)
When asked if Sotto was misled, the vice president said, “Hindi naman. Napakasweeping naman para sabihin ko ‘yon pero isa iyon sa mga possibilities.”
(Not really. It’s a sweeping generalization to say that; but it’s a possibility.)
Sen. Sotto hit back saying VP Robredo is not the subject of his criticisms.
“My question now, itatanong ko sa kanya: bakit? Siya ba ang nakinabang doon? Why are they questioning it? Sila ba ang nakinabang? Wala naman akong binabanggit,” said the senator.
(My question to her now is: why? Was she the one who benefited from it? Why are they questioning it? Did they benefit from it? I have not said anything.)
“I have nothing to show. I have nothing to do with Marcos and Robredo. I have nothing to do with Tolentino and De Lima, so he [source] thought that I would be the best person to show what he has and what he has gotten from the Smartmatic itself,” he said.
Sen. Sotto believes that his source is credible and is ready to face the probe of the Senate Committee on Electoral Reforms in April.
Officials of Comelec and Smartmatic will also be called to the scheduled hearing. — Mai Bermudez | UNTV News & Rescue
The post Sotto: Source who divulged 2016 electoral fraud is credible appeared first on UNTV News.