MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on Tuesday announced that a stop-and-go scheme will be implemented along EDSA and South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) for the conduct of the Southeast Asian Games from Nov. 30 to Dec. 11.
In an advisory posted on Facebook, the MMDA said the stop-and-go scheme will be implemented in the following areas:
- SM North EDSA
- Cubao (New York to Monte de Piedad)
- Shaw Boulevard
- Bonni Serrano
- Buendia cor. Macapagal
- Ayala Magallanes
- Roxas Boulevard
- Roxas Boulevard
- Taft Avenue
- Shaw Boulevard splits
- SM North
- Mindanao Avenue-North Avenue to NLEX
- Roxas Boulevard cor. Buendia
- Roxas Boulevard cor. P. Ocampo
- Roxas Boulevard cor. P. Burgos
- Taft Avenue cor. P. Ocampo
- Adriatico RMSC Area
- Quirino cor. Adriatico
- Shaw Boulevard cor. Pioneer
- N. Domingo – FIL Oil
- Lawton Avenue cor. Bayani
“Whenever vehicles of delegates pass by these roads, all traffic will be stopped. Traffic will resume once delegates have gone through,” the MMDA said.
The agency earlier announced the following road closures and alternate routes for the SEA Games which will be implemented starting 12:01 a.m. on Nov. 30:
- Along Adriatico – from Pres. Quirino to P. Ocampo (both directions)
- Along P. Ocampo – from Taft Ave. to Adriatico (westbound only)
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes to avoid heavy traffic expected in the said areas.
[Admin PIO] LOOK: Road closures and alternate routes for the 30th Southeast Asian Games. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes to avoid inconvenience.#mmdaPosted by MMDA on Sunday, 24 November 2019
The post Stop-and-go scheme to be implemented along EDSA, SLEX for SEA Games – MMDA appeared first on UNTV News.