MANILA, Philippines – Typhoon Tisoy has maintained its strength while moving on to its third landfall before noon Tuesday (December 3).
As of 7:00 AM today, state weather agency PAGASA observed the eyewall of the typhoon in the coastal waters of San Francisco, Quezon, packed with maximum sustained winds of 155 kph and gustiness of up to 235 kph.
It is currently bringing violent winds and heavy to intense rainfall over Southern Quezon, Marinduque, and Romblon.
Within three hours, the eyewall is forecast to affect Cavite, Batangas and the northern portion of Mindoro Provinces.
Meanwhile, the eye of ‘Tisoy’ is expected to make landfall or pass close to Marinduque-Simara Island-Banton Island area before noon, according to PAGASA.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signals (TCWS) are now raised over several areas across Luzon and Visayas as Typhoon Tisoy continues to cross over land.
Signal #3 (Winds of greater than 61 kph and up to 120 kph may be expected in at least 24 hours.)
- Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands
- Southern portion of Quezon (Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Mauban, Sampaloc, Lucban, Tayabas, Pagbilao, Lucena, Sariaya, Candelaria, Dolores, Tiaong, San Antonio, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Plaridel, Unisan, Pitogo, Gumaca, Lopez, Macalelon, General Luna, Calauag, Catanauan, Guinayangan, Tagkawayan, Buenavista, Mulanay, San Narciso, San Francisco, San Andres)
- Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island
Signal #2 (Winds of greater than 61 kph and up to 120 kph may be expected in at least 24 hours.)
- Metro Manila
- Nueva Ecija
- southern Aurora (Dipaculao, Maria Aurora, Baler, San Luis, Dingalan)
- rest of Quezon including Polillo Islands
- Calamian Islands (Coron, Busuanga, Culion, Linapacan)
- Cuyo Islands (Cuyo, Magsaysay, Agutaya)
- Northern Samar
- Northern Antique (Caluya, Libertad, Pandan, Sebaste, Culasi, Tibiao)
- Northern Iloilo (Carles, Balasan, Estancia, Btad, San Dionisio, Sara, Concepcion, Lemery)
Signal #1 (Winds of 30-60 kph may be expected in at least 36 hours or intermittent rains may be expected within 36 hours.)
- Southern Isabela (Palanan, Dinapigue, San Mariano, San Guillermo, Benito Soliven, Naguilian, Reina Mercedes, Luna, Aurora, Cabatuan, San Mateo, Cauayan City, Alicia, Angadanan, Ramon, San Isidro, Echague, Cordon, Santiago City Jones and San Agustin)
- Mountain Province
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- rest of Aurora
- northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay, Araceli, Dumaran)
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Negros Oriental (Canlaon, Guihulngan, Vallerhermoso)
- Northern Negros Occidental (Talisay, Calatrava, Silay, Enrique B. Magalona, Victorias, Manapla, Cadiz, Sagay, Escalante, Toboso, Bacolod, Murcia, Salvador Benedicto, San Carlos, Bago, Pulupandan, Valladolid, La Carlota, San Enrique, Pontevedra, La Castellana, Moises Padilla)
- Northern Cebu (Daanbantayan, Bantayan, Madridejos, Santa Fe, Medellin, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon, Tabuelan, Tuburan, Carmen Borbon, Sogod, Catmon, Asturias and Camotes Islands)
- Rest of Antique
- Rest of Iloilo
The post Stronger ‘Tisoy’ to make third landfall in Marinduque-Simara Island appeared first on UNTV News.