Yahoo Lifestyle is committed to finding you the best products at the best prices. We may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Pricing and availability is subject to change.
The Super Bowl is this weekend, and instead of ordering pizza or spending a small fortune on takeout, try building a “snackadium” instead!
For the unfamiliar, a snack stadium or “snackadium” is a miniature replica of a stadium— made of snacks! The center usually features a dip, while the stands are filled with wings, pretzels, pizza bagels — basically, whatever you love munching on during a football game.
Becky Horvath, Yahoo’s supervising producer and founder of Brooklyn Brunch Club, has the perfect recipe for wowing your hungry party guests.
"I built my first stadium out of snacks in 2009 when these creations were just creeping up in the corners of the internet, but over the years social media has taken this tradition to new heights - quite literally - with multistory snackadiums, sandwich snackadiums, and even dessert snackadiums. Extra point for trying?” she says.
Watch this video to see how Becky tackles the Super Bowl party food trend with ease, and read below for a breakdown of everything you’ll need to recreate her masterpiece.
“Whether you’re in it for the game, the commercials, or just that halftime show, the one thing we can all agree on is you need really great food.”
Football Field Taco Dip
6 16-oz containers of sour cream (reserve 1 cup)
6 8-oz packages of cream cheese
3 packets taco seasoning
2 16-oz jars of salsa
3 8-oz bags of Shredded Mexican Cheese
1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
11 olive slices
11 jalapeno slices
2 Slim Jim snack sticks, halved
2 wooden skewers
1. Combine sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning in pan. Mix well.
2. Spread salsa over two-thirds of the dip, left to right. Spread cheese over two-thirds of the dip, right to left. Spread lettuce over enter pan.
3. Form the end zone on your left with cheese and your right with salsa.
4. Put reserved sour cream in a Ziploc bag and cut the tip. Pipe lines on your dip "field" and decorate.
5. Position olives and jalapeno slices as your players.
6. Insert wooden skewer into a Slim Jim half. Cut skewer leaving a half-inch at top. Affix the other half of Slim Jim to the top and bend to form a goal post. Insert into dip. Repeat for the other side.
The Ultimate Snackadium
10 Bankers Box Magazine Organizers (6-inch; trim tops 3 inches)
12 2-liter soda bottles
14 of your favorite snacks!
1. Position football field dip in the center of your table and surround with bankers boxes (3 on each side and 2 on each end).
2. Use 3 soda bottles and aluminum foil to create each rounded "corner" of your stadium.
3. Cut adhesive vinyl to the height of the boxes and wrap structure to form your "stadium.”
4. Fill each of the 14 "sections" with your favorite snack!
Read More from Yahoo Lifestyle:
Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for Yahoo’s newsletter.