Taguig City: Fort Bonifacio is ours

It was erroneous.
 
This was how the city government of Taguig described the Court of Appeals (CA) decision, which ruled that Fort Bonifacio actually belongs to Makati City.
 
The Office of Taguig City Mayor Lani Cayetano continues to insist that the 729-hectare property is under the jurisdiction of Taguig City.
 
“The CA decision, with due respect, is erroneous,” Cayetano said.
 
Meanwhile, Taguig City administrator and lawyer Joel Montales vowed to appeal the CA ruling.
 
“We will fight to make sure that the disputed land remains with Taguig. We are confident that we will ultimately win this fight,” Montales said.
 
The Taguig City officials issued the statement after Makati City government score in a two-decade battle for the jurisdiction over Fort Bonifacio.
 
In a July 15 ruling released on Monday, CA said Fort Bonifacio belongs to Makati because “some of Taguig's evidence is inadmissible.”
 
According to the ruling, Presidential Proclamation Nos. 2475 and 518 that were issued during the Marcos and Cory Aquino administrations did not ‘alter’ boundaries in Metro Manila.
 
The high court explained it only confirmed that Fort Bonifacio area is under the jurisdiction of Makati."

Loading...

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.

  • Abus tagged in attacks on Sulu police camp
    Abus tagged in attacks on Sulu police camp

    Authorities yesterday identified four Abu Sayyaf bandits in the twin explosions at a police camp in Jolo, Sulu that left 11 officers and five civilians wounded last Friday. Police officials in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao confirmed the identities of the suspects and their group affiliations. As this developed, Philippine National Police officer-in-charge Deputy Director General Leonardo Espina ordered police officers in Sulu to arrest the suspects and heighten security in Jolo. …

  • US concern on China reclamation valid – DFA
    US concern on China reclamation valid – DFA

    Even if it is not directly involved in the disputes in the West Philippine Sea and South China Sea, the United States has a valid reason to feel concerned about threats to freedom of navigation and commerce posed by China’s island building activities, the Department of Foreign Affairs said yesterday. “I think the US is very concerned on the effect of reclamation, specially with regard to the freedom of navigation and unimpeded flow of commerce because these are the two things the US is very …

  • DOTC: PNR to resume operations on June 15
    DOTC: PNR to resume operations on June 15

    The Philippine National Railways (PNR) Metro Commuter train service is set to resume operations within  two weeks, more than a month after more than 50 passengers were hurt in a freak accident, an official said yesterday. “We are targeting June 15,” Michael Arthur Sagcal, Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) spokesperson, said. On May 5, PNR assistant general manager Diosdado Silva announced the suspension of the Tutuban-Alabang-Calamba service to pave the way for an …

  • Oil firms cut pump prices
    Oil firms cut pump prices

    In separate advisories, oil firms said they would decrease the prices of gasoline by 60 centavos per liter and diesel by 50 centavos per liter. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corp. issued the first announcement, followed by Petron Corp., the country’s biggest oil refiner. Independent oil players Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Seaoil Philippines and PTT Philippines, the local subsidiary of Thailand’s biggest oil refiner, also issued their respective price cut announcements. …

  • Top Asian News at 6:30 p.m. GMT

    MANILA, Philippines (AP) — The Philippine president said Monday that charges will be filed against all those responsible for last month's factory fire that killed 72 people, and blasted government agencies for failing to do their duties. President Benigno Aquino III told a news conference that local officials and fire bureau personnel who ignored the rubber slipper factory's failure to meet safety requirements would be among those charged. …

  • Isuzu PH stages 2015 Truck Fest
    Isuzu PH stages 2015 Truck Fest

    Isuzu Philippines Corporation (IPC), the country’s leader in commercial vehicle segment, recently launched its 2015 Isuzu Truck Fest at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City which showcase IPC’s trucks displaying its core values of dependability, durability and reliability. The Japanese carmaker is confident that their N-Series model holds the number one position in the light-duty truck category. IPC President […] The post Isuzu PH stages 2015 Truck Fest appeared first on Carmudi Philippines. …

  • Philippine leader says charges will be filed in factory fire
    Philippine leader says charges will be filed in factory fire

    MANILA, Philippines (AP) — The Philippine president said Monday that charges will be filed against all those responsible for last month's factory fire that killed 72 people, and blasted government agencies for failing to do their duties. …

  • High spirits battle: Asia tycoons vie for cognac maker Louis Royer

    (Repeats story that ran late last week, with no changes to text) * Louis Royer valued at about $150 mln - sources * Suntory selling cognac maker as part of portfolio reshuffle * Asia cognac demand seen rising 13 pct in 2015-19 -Euromonitor By Denny Thomas and Khettiya Jittapong HONG KONG/BANGKOK, May 30 (Reuters) - Thai billionaire Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi is considering buying cognac maker Louis Royer, people familiar with the matter said, potentially locking horns with a Philippine …

POLL

Should Aquino be held accountable over the Mamasapano operations?

Loading...
Poll Choice Options