Talisay chamber holds trade fair

·2 min read

THE first-ever trade fair organized by the Talisay City Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCCI) opened on Friday in front of the city hall.

TCCCI president Cyril Velasco said a total of 72 stalls participated in the event that will run until Sunday, June 19, 2022.

He said 30 percent of the participants came from Talisay City, while the remaining 70 percent from the neighboring municipalities.

Most of the products displayed by the participants are the delicacies in their respective municipality.

"I'm proud to say nga very occupied ang slots sa atong trade fair karon," Velasco said.

Velasco thanked the Talisay City government for allowing them to hold the trade fair for free.

Velasco said he noticed that businesss in the city of Talisay, especially the food sector, has started to recover from the effects of pandemic and typhoon Odette last

December 16, 2021.

The said trade fair was supposed to be held years ago but was postponed due to Coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.

"Atong tema diria sa atong (Our theme for) Talisay trade fair is "The way back to normal." Kita'ng mga negosyante atong ipa kita nga (We, businessmen, should show

that) we need to go back to normal, wev'e been in the normal state already since the past few months," Velasco said.

Velasco invited the Talisaynons to visit the trade fair that also offers entertainment shows.

"This is a unique trade fair because if you notice in the activities naa tay (we have) cosplay event, naa tay banda kada gabii, naa pud tay zumba naa gyud tay pakulo (we

have live bands every evening, we have zumba and other tricks), we want this to have a mall concept wherein naay dry goods, pagkaon, ug uban pa," the chamber president

said.

When asked to comment about the face mask policy of the Cebu provincial government allowing the optional wearing of face mask in open and well-ventilated areas,

Velasco said, "You know it's really hard to comment on this issue especially wala pa nahuman (ang Covid) pero I am not a lawyer wala pud ko nagpakonsulta ani but here

is my opinion nga we have to move forward. We as business owners we need more on the practical side of the issue."

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting