A 49-year-old teacher from San Luis, Aurora died after being bitten by a cobra lurking in her own classroom, the local media reported yesterday.
Rizza Laureano was bitten by the snake after she went to the bathroom, according to her sister Michelle Donato.
“She just went to the toilet and went to this cabinet. She opened the curtain [covering the cabinet] and her hand was bitten by the snake,” Donato said in an interview with the news program Balitang Amiahan.
The victim was immediately brought to several hospitals, but the absence of necessary medicines led to her death.
“It’s sad. She was brought to a hospital, there was a public and private hospital but none had anti-venom [medicine],” Donato added.
This article, Teacher bitten by cobra inside classroom in Aurora, originally appeared on Coconuts, Asia's leading alternative media company.