STAKEHOLDERS in the tourism industry welcome the move of the Cebu Provincial Government to ease travel for local tourists from other provinces who want to experience and enjoy Cebu’s destinations.
Following the meeting of the Provincial Tourism Task Force on Friday, Feb. 19, tour operators are now planning to form travel packages and ask airlines to offer cost-efficient packages for visitors wanting to visit any of Cebu’s 44 towns and six component cities.
Andrew Teh, member of the Cebu Travel & Tours Association and Cebu Alliance of Tour Operations Specialists, said they are initially thinking of coming up with cheap package tours that include a two- or three-night stay and a tour of some destinations.
On Monday, Feb. 22, 2021, Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia’s signed Executive Order 12 that states the following final guidelines to ease the travel restrictions for persons traveling to the Province of Cebu to engage in tourism-related activities:
1. Present a valid medical certificate, which will be the only requirement for the purchase of a ticket via air, land, or sea. The medical certificate must be issued by a reputable doctor and within seven days before the travel date.
2. Proof of pre-booking at a resort or hotel establishment where he or she will be staying during the duration of his or her visit. The resort or hotel establishment should be located within the Province of Cebu and duly accredited by the Cebu Provincial Task Force.
3. Pass symptoms checking or screening at the point of departure and point of arrival.
A real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test and a letter of acceptance from the local government unit of one’s destination are no longer required.
RELATED STORY: Cebu eases travel for local tourists from other provinces
The following attended the recent Provincial Tourism Task Force meeting:
• Mactan Cebu International Airport
• GMR Megawide Corporation
• Airline companies
• Bus operators
• Bus companies
• Resorts in Cebu Province (NRC)