A fire broke out on a rooftop in the Elazığ province of Turkey on January 24 after a 6.8-magnitude earthquake rocked the area, local media reported.
Daily Sabah said the fire was started by a natural gas leakage caused by the earthquake. It also said there were multiple people reported dead or missing due to the earthquake.
According to Turkey’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), the quake struck Elazığ’s Sivrice district at 8.55 pm (1755 GMT) from a depth of 6.7 kilometers.
Soon after the initial quake, the province was reportedly shaken further by a series of aftershocks ranging from magnitude 5.4 to 3.3.
In this video, a fire can be seen on the rooftop of an apartment building, with sparks and flames falling from the blaze onto the street. Credit: Salih Göksu Özen via Storyful