Resident Captures San Marcos Apartment Building on Fire

At least six people were injured during an apartment-building fire that sparked during the early morning of July 20 in San Marcos, Texas.

Lacy Schoenherr, a resident at Iconic Village Apartments, took this video of her apartment building on fire. Schoenherr told a reporter at KVUE that she received a text message from her roommate that their apartment was burning. Schoenherr said they were planning to move out just five days later, according to the reporter.

The fire was reported around 5 am at Iconic Village Apartments, near the campus of Texas State University. The fire started at one building and spread to another, according to KXAN. One building at Vintage Pads, a student accommodation across the street, was also damaged.

At least 200 people were affected by the fire, KXAN reported. Credit: Lacy Schoenherr via Storyful