To keep you updated with the latest news here and abroad, Yahoo! Philippines is giving you a roundup of morning headlines. Here are things you need to know this Tuesday, September 17:
1. Plunder raps filed vs. Napoles, 38 others. Months after the P10-billion pork barrel scandal was exposed by the media, cases have been filed against alleged mastermind Janet Lim Napoles, three senators, five former congressmen and 30 others. Among those charged with plunder were Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Bong Revilla.
2. Air strike launched against Misuari followers. Troops fired rockets from helicopters Monday in a bid to quell a rebellion by members of the Moro National Liberation Front in Zamboanga City. The military said it has gained ground against MNLF leader Nur Misuari’s men, who lay siege to the city in a bid to derail a peace pact the government is finalizing with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
3. Miley and Liam ‘end engagement.’ Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have ended their relationship, which has been rumored to be on the rocks for quite some, with their representatives announcing that the celebrities decided not to get married this time.
4. How NU won the Cheerdance Competition. Working behind a flawless Arabian Night-inspired performance that captivated more than 20,000 fans inside the Mall of Asia Arena on Sunday, the National University Pep Squad ran away with the 2013 UAAP Cheerdance Competition title. And if you’re wondering how they did it, here’s how they were judged.
5. When it comes to exercise, every minute counts. Now you have no excuses: a new study finds that even one minute of high-intensity exercise—such as walking briskly or taking the stairs—can benefit your health.
Video you should watch:
If you’ve been brought up by a single parent, here’s your chance to honor your mom or dad. …