MANILA, Philippines - Reality singing competition "X Factor Philippines" has finally unveiled its top 12 finalists who will be competing in the live performance shows beginning next weekend.
This announcement, as well as the groups that judges Gary Valenciano, Charice Pempengco, Pilita Corrales and Martin Nievera will be mentoring respectively, was made during the Judges' Home Visit episodes aired on July 28 and 29. Eight contestants were eliminated, two from each group.
The Over 25s group, to be mentored by Corrales, is comprised of Modesto Tarang, Mark Mabasa and Joan Da.
Pempengco will be mentoring the Girls group, which includes KZ Tandingan, Allen Jane Sta. Maria and Jerriane Mae Templo.
The Boys group is composed of Jeric Medina, Gabriel Maturan and Kedebon Colim, and will be mentored by Nievera.
Meanwhile, Take-Off, Daddy's Home, and the Lucky Girls made the cut for the Group category. They will be mentored by Valenciano.
The mentors employed the help of renowned performers in selecting their bets. They are Cheesa Laureta, Fil-Am finalist of "The Voice" (Girls); Jed Madela (Group); Rico J. Puno (Over 25s); and Journey frontman Arnel Pineda (Boys).
The first "X Factor" live performance night will be held on Aug. 4 at the PAGCOR Grand Theatre Airport Casino Filipino.
Below is the complete list of the first season of "X Factor Philippines" finalists and their performances during the Judges' Home Visit round:
- Modesto Taran (Spanish song)
- Mark Mabasa, "The Last Time" by Eric Benet
- Joan Da, "I Can't Tell You Why" by the Eagles
- KZ Tandingan, "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack
- Allen Jane Sta. Maria, "I Need a Doctor" by Dr. Dre and Eminem ft. Skylar Grey and "Love the Way You Lie" Rhianna and Eminem
- Jerriane Mae Templo, "Fever" by Ella Fitzgerald
- Jeric Medina, "Kahit Kailan" by South Border
- Gabriel Maturan, "Everything You Do" by Christian Bautista
- Kedebon Colim, "Superhero" by Rocksteddy
- Take-Off, "Do You Remember" by Jay Sean
- Daddy's Home, "Hiram" by Zsa Zsa Padilla
- Lucky Girls, "Seasons of Love" ("RENT" theme)