YouTube's 'Random Girl' In Contact With 'Ellen' Camp

MANILA, Philippines - Zendee Rose Tenerefe's stab at success may finally be yielding some results. The singing sensation who gained notice via the YouTube video "And I Am Telling You (Random Girl) (SM Megamall)" has revealed that producers of the show, "Ellen," already sent her a message via YouTube.

"Gusto po nilang makipag-communicate sa akin. Ibinigay po nila 'yung email add nila," she said in an interview with GMA News.

She reiterated the same in a separate report on PEP, saying, "Actually po, nung isang araw pa po sila nag-message, nung Saturday ko lang po na-reply-an kasi marami po akong ginawa."

Tenerefe recalled being "shocked" that they had communicated with her.

"Hindi ko po alam kung ano po ang isasagot ko. Parang hindi ako makapaniwala. Actually, nung nabasa ko 'yung message nila, nagtatalon po ako sa tuwa. Tumakbo ako sa loob ng bahay namin sa sobrang tuwa," she related.

If it pushes through, Tenerefe will only be the fourth Filipino to appear on the show after Charice Pempengco, Rhap Salazar and Luzviminda "Mindy" Casimiro, the Filipina housekeeper of show host, Ellen DeGeneres.

This early, however, Tenerefe is shunning comparison with Pempengco.

"Iba po si Charice, iba rin po ako," she insisted.

Prior to making a name via YouTube, Tenerefe was among constant aspirants lining up to join numerous singing contests in and around the archipelago. She also admitted joining several contests on TV including "X Factor Philippines," "Pilipinas Got Talent," and "Protégé," to no avail.

But she has always accepted defeat with a positive outlook. "Naniniwala po kasi akong baka hindi ko pa po time. Or hindi po 'yun para sa akin. Baka po may ibang plano sa akin si God," she said.

"Siguro po 'yung pagkaka-upload po ng video ko sa YouTube, 'yun po talaga 'yung oras ko para mapansin 'yung talent ko," she added.

According to Tenerefe, she already met the netizen who uploaded her video on YouTube, admitting that she had invited him to join him during a recent appearance on "Party Pilipinas," which she said was a "dream come true."

"Sobrang natuwa po talaga ako. Nagawa kong makipag-duet pa sa idol kong si Jonalyn Viray, tapos nakita at nakilala ko pa si Miss Regine Velasquez. Sobrang blessing po talaga," she gushed.

"Napapanood ko lang po sila, nangangarap lang po ako na makasama ko sila, pero ngayon nakakanta pa ako kasama nila!"

Refuting that she had already received a formal offer to sign up with GMA-7, she nevertheless said, "Sa ngayon po, freelancer po ako. Hindi ko po alam kung ano po ang mangyayari sa mga susunod na araw. Naghihintay lang po ako. Pero sana po maging part ako ng 'Party Pilipinas."'

Loading...

Editor’s note:Yahoo Philippines encourages responsible comments that add dimension to the discussion. No bashing or hate speech, please. You can express your opinion without slamming others or making derogatory remarks.

  • N. Korea fires missiles in anger at South-US military drills
    N. Korea fires missiles in anger at South-US military drills

    North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles into the sea and vowed "merciless" retaliation Monday as the US and South Korea kicked off joint military drills denounced by Pyongyang as recklessly confrontational. The annual exercises always trigger a surge in military tensions and warlike rhetoric on the divided peninsula, and analysts saw the North's missile tests as a prelude to a concerted campaign of sabre-rattling. "If there is a particularly sharp escalation, we could see the …

  • Troops overrun BIFF bomb-making facility in Mamasapano
    Troops overrun BIFF bomb-making facility in Mamasapano

    Government troops captured Sunday a bomb and weapons factory of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) in Mamasapano, Maguindanao, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) announced yesterday. Col. Restituto Padilla, AFP spokesman, said the captured bomb and weapons factory is located inside an area controlled by radical Muslim cleric Ustadz Mohammad Ali Tambako at Barangay Dasikil in Mamasapano. …

  • No need for Revilla to visit son – prosecutors
    No need for Revilla to visit son – prosecutors

    Instead of filing an opposition, ombudsman prosecutors filed a manifestation yesterday expressing belief that there is no urgent need for Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. to visit his son at the Asian Hospital and Medical Center. “Based on the clinical abstract issued by the Asian Hospital on patient (Cavite) Vice-governor (Jolo) Revilla, which was submitted by accused Revilla in support of his Urgent Motion, Vice-governor Revilla is in stable condition and has stable vital signs, as of March 1, …

  • Couple married 67 years holds hands in final hours together
    Couple married 67 years holds hands in final hours together

    FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — After spending 67 years together as devoted husband and wife, there was no question how Floyd and Violet Hartwig would end their lives — together. …

  • How Islamic is Islamic State group? Not very, experts say
    How Islamic is Islamic State group? Not very, experts say

    CAIRO (AP) — Three British schoolgirls believed to have gone to Syria to become "jihadi" brides. Three young men charged in New York with plotting to join the Islamic State group and carry out attacks on American soil. A masked, knife-wielding militant from London who is the face of terror in videos showing Western hostages beheaded. …

  • 'Jihadi John' relatives under watch in Kuwait
    'Jihadi John' relatives under watch in Kuwait

    Kuwaiti authorities are closely monitoring several relatives of "Jihadi John" who live and work in the Gulf emirate where the Islamic State executioner was born, press reports said on Sunday. A number of relatives of Mohammed Emwazi, named as the militant who has beheaded at least five Western hostages, are working in Kuwait and like him hold British citizenship, Al-Qabas newspaper reported. "Security agencies have taken the necessary measures to monitor them round the clock," the paper said, …

  • Interview: Australia says hunt for missing MH370 jet may be called off soon
    Interview: Australia says hunt for missing MH370 jet may be called off soon

    By Matt Siegel CANBERRA (Reuters) - The search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 cannot go on forever, Australia's deputy prime minister said, and discussions are already under way between Australia, China and Malaysia as to whether to call off the hunt within weeks. No trace has been found of the Boeing 777 aircraft, which disappeared a year ago this week carrying 239 passengers and crew, in what has become one of the greatest mysteries in aviation history. The search of a rugged …

  • Bong wants to see son in hospital
    Bong wants to see son in hospital

    Detained Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. will ask the Sandiganbayan to allow him to visit his son, Cavite Vice Gov. Jolo Revilla, confined at the intensive care unit of the Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Muntinlupa for a gunshot wound in the chest. Lawyer Raymond Fortun, spokesman for the Revilla family, said the senator would ask for a 24- to 48-hour furlough. Sen. Revilla’s legal counsel Ramon Esguerra said doctors removed a half liter of blood. Fortun said he was able to talk to Jolo …

POLL

Should Aquino be held accountable over the Mamasapano operations?

Loading...
Poll Choice Options